Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Ladies Man

Anytime we go out in stores Jack flirts with the cashiers, the people in front or behind us in line, or really anyone who happens to catch his eye. He starts out staring seriously with his big blue eyes.
Planning his moves
Then he ducks his head and stars to grin. At this point, the object of his affection is hooked and usually starts talking to him.  Once he has their attention, he busts out with the laughing and chatting.
Hey, baby!
This will go on as long as I stand there and hold him. He never tires of the audience. But all his encounters so far end the same way.
Check me out
The lucky lady he has charmed inevitably asks, "How old is he?" I politely respond, "He's 4 months old" (19 weeks today, to be precise). The shock registers across her face as she begins to inspect him head to toe. Usually, we get a polite "Oh!" or some other passing remark. But today, the checker at Walgreen's just couldn't hold it in. "Dang, that baby's big" rang out across the store and every eye in the place ended up on us.  Jack just laughed and enjoyed the extra attention.
Chubby doesn't seem too worried, does he?
For the record, he's 19 weeks old, weighs 16 pounds (74th percentile), and is 27 inches long (95th percentile).  But in case you wondered, it's official - my little man is B-I-G!

1 comment:

  1. I think he is perfect. So cute and takes after the Howard side of the family when it comes to meeting "no strangers"! I know his Granddad Randall Howard in Heaven is smiling really big! I look forward to meeting him soon.

    ReplyDelete